Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Words With Wiley

"Vanilla Wivers" (Vanilla Waffers)


" The Milk-un Falcon" or "Milikin Falcon" (The Millinium Falcon - space ship from Star Wars)


Me: "Wiley, do you want raisins?"
Wiley: "No, I want the purple stuff that rhymes with raisins." (He meant craisins!)


The other day Wiley had gotten into trouble and was standing in the corner. Here are a few cute things he said while standing there very obediently:
* Evie was trying to get his attention so she walked up to him and laughed. Wiley responded by keeping his face in the corner but putting his hand up at her and saying, "Not right now, Evie. I have to get disciplined."
* (He sang this to the tune of Hokey Pokey) "You put your nose in... You put your nose out..."


We've been working with Wiley on the proper way of asking to be excused from the table. This is how it comes out . . . "Mommy, may I please have some excusement?"


"Counting Dooku" -Count Dooku from Star Wars - Wiley always wants to be "Counting Dooku" when we are playing Star Wars. It doesn't seem to matter how many times we tell him it is Count and not Counting, it always comes out "Counting"


(Random Wiley thoughts . . . No idea where he comes up with some of this stuff!)
Me: "Wiley, what do you want to be when you grow up?"
Wiley: "A decorate player."
Me: "What's a decorate player?"
Wiley: "Someone who dresses up for Halloween and plays a forest game that's real scary."
Me: "Why a game that's scary?"
Wiley: "Because when I grow up, I want to be brave!"


Today Wiley and I were playing Batman and Robin. He was asking me who some more of the villians were and I said Harvey Two-Face. Wiley responded, "Okay, Mom, you can be Harpy Toothpaste and I'll be Robin."

2 comments:

David and Katie Kizziah said...

SO FUNNY, as always! Thank you so much for recording this for all to enjoy!

Okay, so I want to comment on every post...they are all so great, and I love all of the pictures! I'm so glad you guys are doing well. And I love seeing the love your kids have for each other. Precious.

Anonymous said...

I love the, "I have to get disciplined." comment and the "Harvey Toothpaste" remark. Thank you for taking the time to update us. Looking forward to hearing more from you all as you get settled in there in PA.