Monday, August 10, 2009

Words with Wiley

The other morning, out of the blue, Wiley asked his Daddy if they were going to go to his Motty and Poppy's house to play. Shane replied, "I hadn't planned on it." Wiley responded, "I had planned on it."


The other day Wiley was standing on a step stool and I was kneeling in front of him helping him get dressed when he looked down at me and asked, "Mommy, will you marry me?" (Precious! I think he thought about that bc I was kneeling in front of him on one knee - except that he got the roles reversed!)

Potty training has been going very well, however, the other day Wiley had a bit of an accident because he wasn't looking where he was pottying while sitting on the toilet. I cleaned up the mess while he was sitting on the toilet but he said, "Mommy, I don't want to get into that mess, so I better swing like Indiana Jones to get down." (You have to understand that swinging like Indiana Jones is his favorite thing to do lately. This simply means hanging onto our arm and jumping/swinging off of stools, couches, beds, or anything else that is up off the floor. He's tricky - he'll try anything to get a swing in!)

Yesterday I asked Wiley to dance with me. He said, "No, I want to break dance instead." He then proceeded to show me how to breakdance. Then he stood up and said, "That's how you break dance. You go whirrr (spun his finger around while saying this) like that and then on your head. Then you play a basketball game when you finish." (Needless to say I laughed hard at the basketball part. Not sure where he's been watching his breakdancing!)

Today Wiley was noticing our green mouthwash. He asked, "What does Daddy turn into when he drinks this? Does he turn into the green hulk?"

2 comments:

David and Katie Kizziah said...

What an awesome kid! We are big Wiley fans!

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness. How do you ever stop laughing? Love the break dancing, basketball playing link in his mind. He is such a neat little boy.