Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Trying This Coupon Thing!

Okay, so the other night a woman's small group from my church held a coupon class. I attended and am determined to join the crazy world of couponing and save my family tons of money. There's a lot to figure out and it's fairly time consuming (at least initially), but I can't justify being a good steward of our money when I know I'm basically throwing money away if I don't take the time to look for deals. So, after my first shopping trip with this, here's how I came out:

First time shopping at Publix grocery store
First time using coupons (at least, effectively using them)
I purchased $114.62 worth of groceries and only paid $31.32!!!
(I even got 9 double shot espresso and cream starbucks drinks for my hubby for free and actually made .09 cents by doing it :)

I'm thrilled! I know it's going to take a lot of work to understand this whole "coupon world" and I don't want to become the crazy coupon lady, but I do want to be wise with the money God has given us and my husband works so hard for! Pray for me as I try to be faithful with all that we have.

3 comments:

Dana said...

OH MY GOODNESS LYDIA!!! THAT IS AWESOME!!!

Denise said...

Wow!! That 1st shopping trip was awesome!! I havent even gotten close to that!! It takes time but is totally worth it - you'll have to give me your tips.

Anonymous said...

AMAZING...can't wait to hear more about this and have you share some secrets. You GO girl!!