Thursday, June 4, 2009

The Wonderful Gift of a Sibling

(I just love this photo!)

Today I took Wiley and Evie to a playdate at a local park. I had an okay time being with the other moms, Wiley had an okay time playing, and Evie had an okay time sleeping in the baby wrap. But what we all had a really good time doing was just being together. After playing, we sat down at a picnic table and had lunch. I was sitting next to Wiley holding Evie on my lap as she had just woken up from her nap. I just sat there with my two kids and watched as Evie smiled and cooed at Wiley, and Wiley smiled back, leaned in, kissed her and said, "I love you , Evie."
The other day Wiley woke up from his nap and came into the room where Evie and I were. He was still a bit sleepy so he lay down on the couch and asked if Evie could lay beside him (he loves when I let them do this). So I put Evie beside him and they just lay there together. Wiley gave a huge smile and said, We're laying beside each other!"
I knew joyous moments as a mother of one, but none of those moments for me even begin to compare to the moments like this when my two children are sharing a moment of love together and I get to see it! I had no idea how special these moments are!!!!
Thank you God for the gift of having a sibling that you have given to our kids. I pray they would always love one another deeply and put the needs and desires of the other before themselves. May they be each other's best friend! Amen.

2 comments:

David and Katie Kizziah said...

So precious! What a WONDERFUL big brother Wiley is! I pray the same will be true for John David. Thank you for sharing this sweet moment - a lot to look forward to!
Love,
Katie

Anonymous said...

Beautiful, sentimental, and heartfelt...I will pray with you that they always love one another deeply and remember to show each other how much they're loved.