Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Words With Wiley

(Okay, so when I started this blog site, I never intended to put so many entries of things Wiley says. They are just so funny and cute and I love to share them. Plus, my main reason in blogging is to keep a record for me, Shane and our kids one day. So with that said, here comes some more!)

This evening Shane and I were standing in the Living Room talking and hugging. Wiley was in his high chair finishing his dinner. He looked up and said, "Are ya'll getting married?" (Too funny! Not sure why he asked this since he often sees us hugging like this.)

While making Wiley a sandwich, he pointed at something on the peanut butter jar and asked, "What's that?" I replied, "Peter Pan. This is Peter Pan peanut butter." Wiley asked, "Where's the Captain Hook pea-ut budder?"



This morning Wiley and I had this conversation...
Wiley - "Wanna go on my fari wif me Mama?" (safari)
Me - "I'd love to go on your safari with you. What animals are we going to see?"
Wiley - "Um, wike (like) cows an beaws."
Me - "Bears! Scary!"
Wiley - "I protect you. I'm In-in-a Jones!" (Indiana Jones)
Me - "Thank you. What other animals will we see on the safari?"
Wiley - "Um, wike Superman." (It was an interesting safari!)


The other day Shane was working in his office upstairs when he saw a turtle outside in the road. He ran downstairs, got us, and we all ran outside to see it. (Thank you, God, for allowing us to see this turtle. What a nice surprise.) He was a fast little guy and very brave. Even with all of us standing around him, he kept right on walking. He was on a mission. Here are some cute photos and comments Wiley made:


"Hey there, Turtle!"
"We're takin' a walk together!"
(For all you concerned moms out there...No, it was not my intention to let my child run around barefoot in the street! But hey, sometimes you just gotta live in the moment and not miss out on fun memories like this! :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love these Words with Wiley blog posts. Keep them coming!! The turtle pics are very cute.
Amy