Sunday, January 3, 2010

Evie at 8 and 9 Months

Some fun photos of Evie over the past 2 months











I'm ready for my close up!!!




Evie loves to sit on Daddy's shoulders.






I've tried my hand at some sewing and made this dress for her out of an old maternity shirt I had. I think she looks like one of the girls from Little House on the Prairie. Now all she needs is a little bonnet :)


Our little Christmas Elf!

November and December have shown lots of growth and changes in Evie. She is crawling and cruising all over the place. She has stood on her own a few times for brief periods of time but usually sits right down when she realizes she's standing and seems to be fairly cautious - very different from bigger brother, Wiley. Her hair has grown a bunch and is turning very blond - like her Daddy when he was young. Her bottom two teeth have grown in well but no others yet. She started saying Dada about 2 months ago and Mama just yesterday at 42 weeks of age. She loves to eat, especially her fruits and banana puffs. Evie absolutely ADORES her big brother. Wiley can make Evie laugh like no one else and it makes us so happy to see them laughing and "playing" together. Everyday we are seeing more and more of her precious personality and are so thankful for the sweet spirit God has given her. She is a very quiet and observant little girl. My prayer is that God would remind me every moment that she is always watching me and that I would model for her a "gentle and quiet spirit" which is what the Lord finds beautiful in a woman. Wiley continues to be a loving and protective big brother. (He got a plastic sword for Christmas. One of his favorite things to do everyday is wait for Evie to wake up and then go in with us to get her up. He always brings his sword and goes in and "fights off" all the bad guys and says, "Evie's safe now. I got them all.") He does a good job of teaching Evie new things and sharing with her. We are so thankful for their friendship and the love they have for one another. Praying that above all else, God would grow our children to love Him with all of their heart.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice job on the dress Lydia. So glad to hear that Wiley and Evie are bonding so well. I am sure you set a good and Godly example for them both!

David and Katie Kizziah said...

I'm dying to meet little Evie. She seems so precious and sweet. I love hearing how she and Wiley interact and love one another...and LOVE Wiley warding off the bad guys for his sister! Priceless! And Lydia, the dress turned out great...very impressive and inspiring. Creative too, with the maternity shirt and all...where did you get the pattern? Been THINKING about ATTEMPTING some dresses for my gal. CAN'T WAIT TO SPEND TIME TOGETHER! THERE IS SO MUCH I WANT TO LEARN FROM YOU!! And I love what a praying mama you are...thank you for sharing your prayers for your little ones with us. Encourages us all to do the same.