Sunday, October 12, 2008

Breakfast with Wiley

Friday morning we all got up and had breakfast together. We were glad to have daddy back home. I made us all cinnamon toast (my dad's recipe that I always loved as a kid - not exactly super nutritious, but oh so good!!!) Baby Parker has really been loving that the past few weeks so I make it every now and then for Wiley and myself. Today was the first time Daddy's eaten it with us. We did, however, eat some of it on our healthy Ezekiel bread so for all you health freaks out there...maybe I'm not that horrible of a mother! :) Anyways, we sat down to enjoy our cinnamon toast and Wiley quickly discovered there was a small hole in his bread. After saying it was broken and asking us to fix it several times, we eventually were able to convince him that it wasn't broken and it could not be fixed. He then began to enjoy putting his finger through the hole and playing with the toast. He was getting very tickled at his own antics and we were laughing at his cuteness too. He hit the jackpot with the humor when he made the hole a bit bigger and fit it over the spout of his sippy cup and then began drinking his milk with the toast attached to his cup. Needless to say after finishing his milk, his face was a mess! I took these photos and couldn't resist sharing them. We get so tickled when he makes himself laugh. Needless to say, breakfast with Wiley is never dull! :) Thank you God for the sense of humor and creative minds You've given to kids.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Lydia,

So I finally figured out how to post here!! Love the stories about Wiley and seeing the recent photos. You all look great!! I miss you guys. Hug that adorable Wylie and know that I will think of him often, as we have a Wylie Rd here. Hi to Shane and hugs for you both!! Love, Amy F.

Anonymous said...

Whoops sorry I spelled Wiley like the road here in the one sentence...My fingers and brain got ahead of me :)!! Amy