Monday, March 23, 2009

Thankful He's Their Daddy!

I am truly blessed to have Shane as the father of my children. He is such a Godly man and Daddy. He is so very loving, tender, patient, and consistent with our children. I love him all the more for it! We are trying really hard to be sure Wiley gets our time and attention, especially with little Evie arriving. One of the best ways we are doing this is with Shane and Wiley's "guy time". Shane came up with the idea for he and Wiley to make a list of fun "guy things" they are going to do together over the next few weeks. Some of these started before Evie was even born. One special thing he has planned is that he and Wiley are going to fix up Wiley's room together. They are decorating it with a sports theme, of course! I'm so thankful for my "guys" and the love they have for one another. They have a very special bond and I'm thankful to God for that. I am truly blessed to have a husband that loves his family with all of his heart (second only to the Lord) and loves spending time with them. My children are truly blessed indeed to have Shane as their Dad. Here are just a few of my favorite photos of Shane with Wiley and Evie.











Oranges for teeth! Silly guys!














I love this photo! It was taken right after Evie was born. They took her from me in the tub and she went straight into Shane's arms while I got out. This was the first time he held her, just minutes old.










Shane took Wiley to a USC foootball practice and scrimmage on Saturday, March 21.
Also, he has begun taking him 2 Saturdays a month to Lowe's where they build something together in one of the workshops for kids and parents. This first time they built a wooden race car. Wiley got his own pair of goggles and apron and he gets a badge to sew on his apron each time he builds something. He's holding up his badge in this photo.
Wiley just adores his Daddy and I know Evie will too!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Goodness, an abundance of blessings for you as you watch Shane's love for Evie and Wiley grow. The pictures of Wiley and Shane at the football game and Wiley in his Lowe's outfit are too cute. And what a priceless picture of Shane and Evie, meeting each other for the 1st time. So glad God continues to bless you all.