Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Preparing for Baby


Well we are less than 2 weeks away from our due date and awaiting the arrival of Baby Parker. (Here's a belly shot at 38 weeks pregnant.) Things have been very hectic trying to tie up all lose ends before her arrival. We are enjoying time as a family and trying to wait patiently upon the Lord's perfect timing in her coming. We thought she was going to be here a little early when we began having contractions March 3, but she was just teasing us. Needless to say it helped us get on the ball with getting everything packed and ready to go. We're all preparing for her coming, even Jed is getting himself groomed for the special occasion and, as I'm sure you can guess, he's simply thrilled about that!
Here are some photos from the baby shower that my family and friends threw for us. It was so nice and I have to say without bias that it was the most fun I've ever had at a shower. We had an ice cream bar and Dawn made the cake. I have to brag on my sister and her cake decorating abilites for just a minute. In January, she made me a birthday cake for my surprise party, and it was beautiful - her first attempt ever at using fondant icing and it turned out gorgeous!!! This cake was only her 2nd time decorating with fondant and it was amazing!!!!! The pictures don't do it justice at showing the detail that she put into it. I'm trying to convince her to start her own cake decorating business!!! Enjoy the photos! We'll post when Baby Parker is born. Please remember us in your prayers over the next few weeks!!!

Wiley and Shane decided to "crash" our party. When Wiley woke up from his nap, Shane asked him if he wanted to go crash Mommy's party and eat everyone's ice cream. Wiley's response was (with a big grin), "Let's do it, Man!" He came in with the biggest grin on his face and indeed had his share of ice cream AND cake!!!

4 comments:

Dana said...

i was hoping you would have a pic of the diaper cake. will you send it to me?
Dana

David and Katie Kizziah said...

We are SO THRILLED for you guys and can't wait to see pictures (and see for ourselves!) your little GIRL! We will be praying for you all and the birth. You are loved!
The Kizziahs

(Lydia - you look so beautiful! this is katie :)
Your shower looked lovely as well. I agree, tell your sis to start her own business!)

Anonymous said...

Wow, Lydia you look stunning!! I see you have kept your lithe figure and just added the baby bump, lucky you!

The cake is amazing. Love the little baby on top. I agree your sister should look into starting her own business. My mom made specialty cakes for folks when we were little to help bring in extra money. Plus she really enjoyed it.

Will say prayers for you and yours in the coming weeks and look forward to hearing about baby girl's arrival.

God bless you all!

Debby said...

Beautiful Lydia!! Oh, it does my heart good to see those pictures...but makes me miss you even more. You are an absolutely gorgeous mommy, by the way. And your girl looks good and healthy! I *wish* I could have been there celebrating with you all.

Dawn's cake making skills are amazing. That was a work of art...I'm glad you got picutres! I'd love to know where she learned that.

Wiley's reply was awesome, too. I bet he and David would have a blast together.

God has gifted you with an absolutely beautiful family. I can't wait to see your little girl!

We love you all. I miss you so much. I hope we get to meet each other's kids some day soon. Well, I still hope I get to live down the street from you some day...

Love,

Debby