Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Ultrasound

Shane and I decided to have an ultrasound to be sure baby Parker is growing fine and healthy. Praise the Lord, the report we got so far is that all looks well! Baby weighs about 15 oz and looks to be measuring right on time for a March 22nd due date. We just wanted to share baby Parker's photo with you all. We immediately told the technician that we did not want to know the sex before she even began the ultrasound. Not even 2 minutes in to it, Shane said, "I think I saw something." I replied, "Well if you think you saw something, it's obviously a boy!" So throughout the rest of the ultrasound our conversation sounded like this...

Lydia: "I don't want to find out the sex, but if you are pretty sure you know what it is then maybe we should ask."

Shane: "I'm not a technician, but I'm almost positive it's a boy."

Lydia: "Well should we find out. I don't know. I don't want to know but if you think you know then maybe we should find out."

(I'm sure the technician just loved us!!!) So just to be nice (or to torture us) at the end of the ultrasound, she scrolls down to the genitals and just leaves the screen there with the arrow pointing at "it". As we look, still undecided if we want to know the sex, we both see... I say, "Shane, there's no penis there!" I think I repeated this over and over, each time getting louder and louder! I immediately changed my mind at this point and said, "Should we find out? Don't you want to know? I think we should find out. Let's find out!" To which Shane replied, "That's up to you!" with a huge grin on his face. So after all of that, we decided to find out. The verdict: Baby Girl! Needless to say we are very happy and can't wait to see Wiley with his baby sister. (Of course, one can never be too sure of these things until baby is born! Let's just say I'm not going to buy too much pink stuff before baby arrives - just in case!) Anyways, I just thought all our family and friends would love to hear our cute story of finding out the baby's sex. I guess we'll have to wait and be surprised with the sex of baby #3 if God allows us to have another! We love you all and appreciate your prayers for the healthy growth of our little one!
The verdict is in... Baby Girl!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh yay, a GIRL to help balance out the hormones in the Parker household. Congrats Lydia, Shane, Wiley, and Jed!! God is good, isn't He!?! Take care and enjoy the upcoming Christmas season. Love you, Amy Freeman

Jeffcoat House said...

OMGosh! I can not imagine being able to find out and not wanting to know. Kudos for you guys for the attempt. Congrats!! Boy or girl- they are all so precious!