Monday, November 10, 2008

Belly Shot - 21 Weeks Pregnant

For all our dear friends who we no longer live near, thought you'd enjoy belly updates as Baby Parker begins to show himself/herself. Shane took this photo at 21 weeks pregnant. I'll try to keep them updated every month or so.
I am enjoying being pregnant again (especially now that I'm past the nausea). I am so in love with the family God has given me, but cannot wait to meet this new little one! I want to share some of my favorite moments with this pregnancy:
1. Any moment when this little one kicks and makes his/her presence known.
2. When Wiley rubs/kisses my tummy.
3. When Wiley tries to "feed the baby" (Apparently he thinks the baby is in or behind my belly button since he always pokes his finger in my belly button to "feed" the baby.)
4. When I am rocking Wiley on my lap and his little brother/sister kicks him. (Still in the womb and already experiencing sibling fueding :) This always makes me smile to think of all the playing and wrestling moments to come between the two of them.
5. Every time I hear Shane remind Wiley that he has to be gentle and "take care of Mommy and baby" as Wiley is trying to use me as a spring board. I am so grateful for a loving husband who is also a loving father that takes the time to teach his son the roles of a man.
We are so thankful that God has chosen to give Wiley a sibling and cannot wait to see them together over the years. Though we know they will not always treat each other with love, I know they will love one another and will be, in many ways, best friends.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for sharing this picture with us. You look great! Just by looking at this belly picture my prediction is a girl. You seem to be carrying this baby high. Loved reading your moments, too precious!

Debby said...

It's so good to see your beautiful belly! We are so happy for you guys...woohoo, you're over 1/2 way now!!

I am going to try to call you sometime this week.

Love you!

Debby

Anonymous said...

Lydia - You truly have that glow about you and look fantabulous. Thanks for sharing your favorite moments with us. Hugs to you all, Amy