Monday, March 22, 2010

Words With Wiley



I've been jotting these down as they've happened but am just now getting a chance to post them. Enjoy! I expect your sides will hurt with laughing over some of these!

* "Why do bigger people have bigger noses? I don't like the way of that. Cause I have a little nose."



* "You're beautiful, Mommy."
Me: "Awww. Thank you, Wiley"
Wiley: "You're not as beautiful as a mermaid though. You're just a little beautiful."
(Hey, what woman can compete with a mermaid? :)



* Me: "So, what do you want for breakfast?"
Wiley: (Standing beside me with us both looking into the pantry) "You know what I want?" (Turning to me with a huge, mischievous smile) "I want a kiss!" (Obviously I gave him his breakfast request!)



* "Evie's super powers could be that she can spit up on bad guys and the other times she can cry loud and hurt their ears."



* Wiley came over to me, climbed up on my lap, and said, "You're my sweet darling. You're a lovely mommy." (Needless to say, my heart melted!)



* Me: "Wiley, what does the rain help us with?"
Wiley: "When it rains and it puddles, you can put your GI Joe scuba divers in it!" (Of course! That's why God makes rain.) :)



* The other day Wiley had his shirt off, wrestling his stuffed lion, and pretending to be Samson from the Bible. I made him go get me some toilet paper to blow his nose with. Afterwards in all seriousness he said, "When Samson was fighting the lion, Mommy, he didn't blow his nose."



* He is constantly trying to negotiate with us and here is his most popular tactic:
"Because I'm 3 years old, may I have 3 cookies?" OR
"May we wrestle 3 times before bed since I'm 3 years old?"
He's really gotten smart lately - If I say yes to something, he'll follow it up with
"How old are you, Mommy?" (Oh no you don't - We don't even have that many cookies!)



* I love how he says these words:
"Camel lope" (cantaloupe)
"Pwug-lix" (Publix - our grocery store)





He's such a neat, smart, funny, silly, creative little guy! We are so thankful for the honor and privilege of being his parents.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness, those were side splittingly funny indeed! So glad you wrote them down to share with us now.

I have missed Words with Wiley and other updates. Thanks for taking the time to sit down and fill us in. Good luck with the move. Hope someone can help you with the washer ;),

David and Katie Kizziah said...

I love this kid! SO FUNNY!! Thanks so much for sharing.